Eldorado Gold is committed to:
1. To seek and promote “safety first” and “zero harm” as core concepts of our safety culture at all levels of the organization.
2. To strengthen, train and support our managers at all levels to prioritize safety in everything we do, to constantly set an example, and proactively communicate and interact with our workforce and stakeholders on health and safety issues.
3. To promote a positive culture of learning and continuous improvement, where our employees and subcontractors take personal responsibility for safety issues and strive to increase their safety competencies.
4. Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and other internal requirements, including SIMS.
5. To plan, establish, and communicate occupational health and safety goals and objectives to ensure continuous improvement towards our goal of a “harm-free” workplace.
6. Proactively identifying, and managing hazards through risk-based thinking, tools and training, eliminating, relocating/replacing, engineering controls, and using personal protective equipment (PPE).
7. Encourage employees, subcontractors, and employee representatives to prevent harm through “stop work”, and provide data on effective health, safety systems, and control strategies.
8. To understand, identify and communicate roles, responsibilities, and accountability for occupational health and safety performance at all levels of our organization; To provide appropriate resources to support the fulfillment of our Occupational Health and Safety Policy commitments, and SIMS requirements.